- Why are Fans so Critical of J.P Arencibia?Posted 18 days ago
- Roy Oswalt signs with RockiesPosted 18 days ago
- Will The Blue Jays Lineup Switch Payoff?Posted 26 days ago
- Future NL Cy Young Winner, Jose Fernandez. Wait. Too soon?Posted 33 days ago
- Brewers Pitcher Yovani Gallardo Arrested for DUIPosted 34 days ago
- Marlins sign David Aardsma to a minor league dealPosted 38 days ago
- A’s place Yoenis Cespedes on the 15-Day DLPosted 38 days ago
- Jays Already Considering Reyes ReplacementsPosted 38 days ago
- Cubs place Kyuji Fujikawa on 15-day DL with muscle sprain in forearmPosted 38 days ago
- Angels, Kip Wells agree to minor league dealPosted 38 days ago
B.J. Upton Signs Long Term Deal with Atlanta
- Updated: November 28, 2012
Free-agent outfielder B.J. Upton has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Atlanta Braves. The deal, pending a physical, is for five years and worth $75 million.
Upton has spent his entire eight-year career with the Tampa Bay Rays, but the Rays weren’t expected to be able to afford to keep Upton, even though they just gave third baseman Even Longoria a $100 million contract extension.
Upton batted .246 with 28 home runs, 78 RBIs and 31 stolen bases last season. His career average is .255, with 20 homers, 75 RBIs and 39 steals per season.