- Why are Fans so Critical of J.P Arencibia?Posted 20 days ago
- Roy Oswalt signs with RockiesPosted 20 days ago
- Will The Blue Jays Lineup Switch Payoff?Posted 28 days ago
- Future NL Cy Young Winner, Jose Fernandez. Wait. Too soon?Posted 35 days ago
- Brewers Pitcher Yovani Gallardo Arrested for DUIPosted 36 days ago
- Marlins sign David Aardsma to a minor league dealPosted 40 days ago
- A’s place Yoenis Cespedes on the 15-Day DLPosted 40 days ago
- Jays Already Considering Reyes ReplacementsPosted 40 days ago
- Cubs place Kyuji Fujikawa on 15-day DL with muscle sprain in forearmPosted 40 days ago
- Angels, Kip Wells agree to minor league dealPosted 40 days ago
Daisuke Matuszaka wants to pitch for the San Diego Padres
- Updated: November 24, 2012
Like we mentioned earlier today, the San Diego Padres are seeking a starting pitcher. The Japanese right hand starter Daisuke Matuszaka seems to be interested in pitching for San Diego, who are moving in the walls at Petco Park this offseason.
Via UTSanDiego.com: Daisuke Matsuzaka, whose once promising U.S. career was sidetracked by elbow reconstruction surgery in 2011, has told members of the Japanese media that he likes the idea of possibly restarting in San Diego. It seems he liked the city and the ballpark when he pitched at Petco Park in the first World Baseball Classic.
Matuszaka, who was coming of a Tommy John surgery, didn’t have a good season in 2012 as he was 1-7 with a 8.28 ERA in 45.2 innings with the Red Sox.
Money isn’t the problem for Matusaka, who made $51 million in six seasons with Boston, reports Bill Center of The San Diego Union-Tribune.