- Why are Fans so Critical of J.P Arencibia?Posted 15 days ago
- Roy Oswalt signs with RockiesPosted 15 days ago
- Will The Blue Jays Lineup Switch Payoff?Posted 23 days ago
- Future NL Cy Young Winner, Jose Fernandez. Wait. Too soon?Posted 30 days ago
- Brewers Pitcher Yovani Gallardo Arrested for DUIPosted 31 days ago
- Marlins sign David Aardsma to a minor league dealPosted 34 days ago
- A’s place Yoenis Cespedes on the 15-Day DLPosted 35 days ago
- Jays Already Considering Reyes ReplacementsPosted 35 days ago
- Cubs place Kyuji Fujikawa on 15-day DL with muscle sprain in forearmPosted 35 days ago
- Angels, Kip Wells agree to minor league dealPosted 35 days ago
Dodgers Interested in A.J. Pierzynski
- Updated: November 29, 2012
It seems that the Los Angeles Dodgers’ GM Ned Colletti’s desire to sign free agent catcher A.J. Pierzynski still exists.
Pierzynski, who will be 37 next month, is coming off a superb season in which he hadnew career highs in home runs (27) as well as OPS (.827) in 2012. This should position Pierzynski to get a multi-year contract. The White Sox do have some interest in returning him to Chicago, and Pierzynski has some interest in staying, but with catching prospect Tyler Flowers waiting int he wings, it seems as if the two sides are ready to move on to the next chapter.
If the Dodgers were to sign Pierzynski, it could make a trade candidate of current Los Angeles catcher A.J. Ellis, who also had an impressive 2012 with a .270 batting average and an OPS of .414. However, it is more likely that Ellis is relegated to a backup role and prospect Tim Federowicz remains in the minors or becomes trade bait himself.