- Why the NL Central is the Best Division in BaseballPosted 8 hours ago
- He’s Back: Oswalt to Make Rockies Debut ThursdayPosted 11 hours ago
- East Notes: Teixeira, Youkilis, RuizPosted 11 hours ago
- Cy Young in the making for the Tigers?Posted 12 hours ago
- Sewage Issue Revives A’s Stadium DebatePosted 12 hours ago
- Harvey loses no-no bidPosted 16 hours ago
- A big bat or a big arm? What should the Orioles do?Posted 16 hours ago
- Harvey has Braves hitless through 6Posted 16 hours ago
- Yanks host Dodgers, Mattingly returnsPosted 16 hours ago
- Orioles may select Ishikawa’s contractPosted 20 hours ago
Cubs re-sign Ian Stewart to a one-year deal
- Updated: December 6, 2012
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com, the Chicago Cubs have re-signed third baseman Ian Stewart. Bob Nightengale of USAToday .com reports that it’s a one-year $2MM contract with $500,000 worth of incentives.
Stewart, 27, hit a .201/.292/.335 batting line with 5 home runs and 17 RBI’s in 55 games this year with the Cubs. Steward hopes he’ll have a healthy season next year as he has been playing with a broken bone in his wrist for the past two years.
The 27 year-old was non-tendered by the Cubs and he was set to make $2.3MM in arbitration.