- Why are Fans so Critical of J.P Arencibia?Posted 16 days ago
- Roy Oswalt signs with RockiesPosted 16 days ago
- Will The Blue Jays Lineup Switch Payoff?Posted 24 days ago
- Future NL Cy Young Winner, Jose Fernandez. Wait. Too soon?Posted 31 days ago
- Brewers Pitcher Yovani Gallardo Arrested for DUIPosted 32 days ago
- Marlins sign David Aardsma to a minor league dealPosted 36 days ago
- A’s place Yoenis Cespedes on the 15-Day DLPosted 36 days ago
- Jays Already Considering Reyes ReplacementsPosted 36 days ago
- Cubs place Kyuji Fujikawa on 15-day DL with muscle sprain in forearmPosted 36 days ago
- Angels, Kip Wells agree to minor league dealPosted 36 days ago
Interview with one of the Orioles’ top prospect L.J Hoes
- Updated: December 4, 2012
L.J Hoes is a 22 year-old outfield prospect in the Baltimore Orioles’ organization. Hoes, who was born in Washington, DC, was drafted in the 3rd round (81st pick) at the age of 18 by the O’s in 2008.
Hoes got his first callup to the Majors in September, after a phenomenal season in the minors. The 22 year-old hit a .265/.368/.372 batting line with 2 homers and 16 RBI’s in 51 games in Double-A and batted .300/.374/.397 with 3 home runs and 38 RBI’s in 82 games in Triple-A. Hoes should be playing in the majors by mid season next year. Please follow Hoes on Twitter: @MRLJHOES2U.
Enjoy the interview:
MLBN - Well, to start things out, you were drafted at a very young age. How did you feel being drafted by the O’s?
L.J. Hoes – It was great being from the state of Maryland and having the opportunity to play for my home town team it was a dream come true.
It was very hard. But God has blessed me with some talents and I just try to work hard and use what he has blessed me with.
MLBN - What kind of pressure is there in the minor leagues? Is it a tough atmosphere?
L.J. Hoes - It’s a lot of pressure because everyone wants to make it to the bigs. But as a player you have to be able to relax and just play the game.
MLBN - What were your best and worst parts in the minors?
L.J. Hoes - Going to cities you never ever heard of and the worse is the bus rides.
MLBN - Do you prefer to play middle infield or outfield more?
L.J. Hoes - The outfield but I just want to be on the field somewhere helping my team win.
MLBN - What pitcher, alive/dead, would you wanna hit a HR off?
L.J. Hoes - A homer off of Nolan Ryan.
MLBN - Who’s faster you or Xavier Avery?
L.J. Hoes - Xavier Avery is faster.
MLBN - How was you’re first at-bat as an Oriole?
L.J. Hoes - It was a dream come true.
MLBN - What are your goals for next year? Will you be at Spring Training? Will you be on the Major League Roster?
L.J. Hoes - Make myself ready for the season and hopefully make the opening day roster.
MLBN - Thanks for the interview! We hope you the best!
L.J. Hoes - Thank you.