- Why are Fans so Critical of J.P Arencibia?Posted 16 days ago
- Roy Oswalt signs with RockiesPosted 16 days ago
- Will The Blue Jays Lineup Switch Payoff?Posted 24 days ago
- Future NL Cy Young Winner, Jose Fernandez. Wait. Too soon?Posted 31 days ago
- Brewers Pitcher Yovani Gallardo Arrested for DUIPosted 32 days ago
- Marlins sign David Aardsma to a minor league dealPosted 36 days ago
- A’s place Yoenis Cespedes on the 15-Day DLPosted 36 days ago
- Jays Already Considering Reyes ReplacementsPosted 36 days ago
- Cubs place Kyuji Fujikawa on 15-day DL with muscle sprain in forearmPosted 36 days ago
- Angels, Kip Wells agree to minor league dealPosted 36 days ago
Mike Napoli Deal On Hold?
- Updated: December 18, 2012
The Boston Red Sox were the first team to make a major deal this offseason. On the third of December, news broke that free-agent C/1B Mike Napoli and the Red Sox had agreed on a 3-year deal worth $39 Million, pending a physical. Many reporters close to the situation had reported that this was very close to being a done deal.
Today, it has been reported that the Red Sox are frightened by the long-term effects of injuries to Napoli’s hip and leg. Napoli and the Red Sox are still talking, but the 3-year, $39 Million dollar deal is being put off for now.
Many think a deal will still be made between these two, but the Red Sox have made it clear that they do not want to give the right-handed slugger more than a two-year deal. Rumor has it that Boston wants to give Napoli a deal somewhere in the ballpark of 2 years and $20 million.
Since this deal has fallen through, Mike Napoli is still on the market. Teams are still able to contact him and his agent about potential deals.
The Texas Rangers would love to bring Napoli back, as they have lost some impact players this off-season. Most fans in Texas are unhappy about the way things have gone this winter, and bringing someone like Napoli back to the team would vastly improve fan morale.