- Why are Fans so Critical of J.P Arencibia?Posted 15 days ago
- Roy Oswalt signs with RockiesPosted 15 days ago
- Will The Blue Jays Lineup Switch Payoff?Posted 23 days ago
- Future NL Cy Young Winner, Jose Fernandez. Wait. Too soon?Posted 29 days ago
- Brewers Pitcher Yovani Gallardo Arrested for DUIPosted 31 days ago
- Marlins sign David Aardsma to a minor league dealPosted 34 days ago
- A’s place Yoenis Cespedes on the 15-Day DLPosted 34 days ago
- Jays Already Considering Reyes ReplacementsPosted 35 days ago
- Cubs place Kyuji Fujikawa on 15-day DL with muscle sprain in forearmPosted 35 days ago
- Angels, Kip Wells agree to minor league dealPosted 35 days ago
Miami Signs Jon Rauch
- Updated: February 6, 2013
The Miami Marlins have agreed to terms with right handed reliever Jon Rauch, on a one-year contract worth about $1 million. The 34-year-old is currently the tallest player in the MLB, standing at 6’11’’.
In order to accommodate the signing, Miami has designated OF Bryan Peterson for assignment. The 26-year-old appeared in 85 games for the Marlins last year at all three outfield positions, posting a .195/.272/.257 batting line across 273 plate appearances.
In 73 games for the 2012 New York Mets, Rauch posted a 3.59 ERA and a 6.6 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 ratio, across 57 2/3 innings. He earned around $3.5million last year with the Mets.
Miami continues to be active in seeking cheap players, both veteran and prospects, in the past few months. They recently claimed Sam Dyson off waivers from Toronto, and was rumoured to be interested in free agent right hander Jose Valverde. Other potential targets include free agents Francisco Rodriguez and Brian Wilson.