MLB Rumors: Brewers, Orioles, Yankees, Marlins
Today in 2008, the Minnesota Twins sign first baseman Justin Morneau to a $80 million year deal over six years, which is highest contract in franchise history.
With 65 days until Opening Day, here’s the latest MLB Rumors:
- While the Milwaukee Brewers and Matt Garza have supposedly agreed to terms on a $52 million deal for four-years on Thursday, the deal is still unconfirmed by both sides, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com remarks.
- The Baltimore Orioles are still seeking a starting pitcher, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. With this being said, Connolly mentions that they’ve had active talks with a few free agent starting which includes Ervin Santana, Bronson Arroyo and Ubaldo Jimenez. However, it’s unknown if the prices are where the O’s want/hope them to be, Connolly notes.
- Buster Olney of ESPN reports that the New York Yankees are not mulling over for shortstop Stephen Drew. Via Olney: “Am told the Yankees are still not weighing a run at Stephen Drew. In other words: Status quo.”
- Still with the additions of Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Rafael Furcal, Garrett Jones and Casey McGehee, the Miami Marlins still have some off-season moves to make as Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports is searching for a right-handed hitter to come off the bench. Frisaro adds that the ball club has interest in outfielder Vernon Wells, who posted a .233/.282/.349 line with 11 homers in 2013.
- General Manager Terry Ryan points out the Kurt Suzuki will be the Minnesota Twins‘ starting catcher for next season, Mike Berardino notes. It’s unclear who’ll back him up.
Latest posts by Jacob Hakim (see all)
- Padres Rumors: Chase Headley to become a free agent at end of the season? - March 9, 2014
- MLB Rumors: Ervin Santana, Twins, Orioles, Blue Jays - March 9, 2014
- MLB Rumors: Cardinals sign Aledmys Diaz - March 9, 2014
← Older Story MLB Rumors: Alex Rodriguez Offered Coaching Position